For the most part, Tori's great at multi-tasking and wearing different hats. But she has a habit of taking on too much, which often leaves her physically and emotionally drained. Tori and I trust each other implicitly and have an incredibly deep bond. I think it's just comforting to be around each other when we're going through stuff...it provides a sense of security. I also just listen to her and let her talk through what she's feeling and what she's going through. Sometimes all you need is a shoulder to cry on.
In situations involving both Tori and Dean, I just try to listen to both sides and communicate the key issues to them. They're both so emotionally charged that all they need is someone rational (and who they trust) to hear them out and facilitate the dialogue.
For anyone who is stressed and having trouble balancing things like Tori was, I would advise him/her to choose the 2-3 projects that they're most passionate about and focus on them. If you take on too much, all your projects and relationships will suffer as a result.
I get that Dean’s passionate about motorcycle racing, but I do feel like it's a bit irresponsible to pursue such a high risk sport when he's got three kids and a wife to think about. That said, he's an adult and he's fully aware of the choices he's making, and if he feels that it's safe, then I have to trust him.
Get the Guncles' thoughts on Dean's extreme sport by reading their blog.
See more on Dean as a daddy, here.
- Episode 9: And Baby Makes Five The family welcomes their third child, Hattie Margaret McDermott!
- Season 6 Recap Look back on Season Six of Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood!
- House: Before & After A look at how Tori and Dean's house transformed into a fabulously furnished home!
- Episode 3: Secrets of the Baby Bump Tori and Dean go to Texas in search of inspiration for InvenTORI. Meanwhile, Tori stresses over how to hide her baby bump from the prying paparazzi.
- Episode 7: Super Sweet 38 Tori asks the Millionaire Matchmaker to set Mehran up while planning her own birthday party.
Join the real-time viewing party
Download the free OxygenLive app now.
Buy your favorite episodes now!